Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Sep 6 WOD: Dead lifts n' DUs

A. SWOD

Dead lifts (touch and go; no regripping; focus on speed)
5 x 65% = 125
5 x 75% = 145
5 x 80% = 155
5 x 85% = 165
5 x 85% = 165

B. Metcon (12 minute cap)

10-8-6-4-2 dead lifts (225/135#)
20-40-60-80-100 double unders

I still have a lingering cold, which gave me a runny nose and made it awkward and annoying to be sniffling all the darn time while working out. And I DNFed again. Boo.

Anyway, the throwdown is just a week away. I received an email about the WODs and the heat schedules yesterday. All this time I'd succeeded in not thinking about it, but as I was reading all the information in the email I realized, sh*t just got real. And this morning before the WOD people were talking about strategies while I was panicking and fretting. I was texting with my teammate Jerwin yesterday and he was so confident that we could win this. Of course, I'll do my best but I also just want to have fun.

I just keep reminding myself that this will all be over on the 16th. Also, there's an after party on Sunday. Eyes on the prize.


My score: 165# (dead lifts); 156 reps Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment