Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Aug 8 WOD: Triple WOD

I don't have work today because the company had set today as a holiday. Yay! I still went to the 10 am class though. Can you believe I was at the box from 8:45 am to 3:30 am?! That's a darn good PR in hanging out.

A. SWOD

EMOM x 10

2 x two-stop high pull (55 - 65% of 1RM power clean)

B. Metcon (10 minute running clock)

1. 400m run (3 minutes)

2. 10 rounds alternating tabata (5 minutes)

Back squat (135/95)
Front squat (135/95)

Rest 1 minute

3. 200m run

The high pulls were somewhat new, but I get why they wanted us to do it. You're supposed to pull the bar slowly from the ground until just below your knee, pause for 2 seconds, pull it again just above your knee, pause for 2 seconds, then do a high pull from that position.

I was the only girl in the 10 am class so there was an extra push to run as fast as the boys -- or at least not lag very far behind. And I did it! Successsss.

For extra work, I did 10-20 double unders on the minute for 10 minutes. That's what Coach Pau prescribed when I told him that DUs are one of the things I need to work on.

My score: 75 (high pulls); 1:48; 47 (at 65 lbs); 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment