Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jul 9 WOD: Maximum effort

It was the squat cleans that made a comeback today. We couldn't help but speculate that these are the kinds of WODs we'll see at the throwdown.

A. SWOD

Squat clean 8 x 2 (75%+ of 1RM)

B. Metcon

5 rounds

30 seconds max effort burpees
30 seconds rest
30 seconds kettlebell swings (32/24 kg)
30 seconds rest
30 seconds sit ups
30 seconds rest

I was going to use 85 lbs for the squat cleans but then Coach Jordan saw me warming up, and he remarked that I'd be able to do 95 lbs so I took his advice. The thing about the squat clean is you need to be able to front squat the weight you're going to clean. Which is why I prefer the power clean.

For the metcon I used the 24 kg kettlebell for the first time. Good thing we were asked to do Russian swings (swing up to eye level) instead of overhead swings. I kept getting off balance the first few reps of the first set, but I finally found my groove in the succeeding sets. I also tried doing burpees the way Trish does it, which is to finish by touching the tips of the fingers behind the head instead of clapping. Maybe it was just my imagination but it felt more efficient.

My score: 95 lbs (squat clean); 194 total reps Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment