Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Jul 20: Kapitolyo vs. Libis mini-throwdown

Coach Matt sent some of the Libis people a last-minute invite to come to the Kapitolyo box for a friendly mini-throwdown, supposedly to give the other box a feel of how a throwdown feels like. At first I thought it was going to be all fun and games, and then I started feeling the stress when we arrived early. The aircon was busted and since there aren't any windows at the box, at some point it became too hard to breathe (or was it just the stress?).

The WOD was a 3-person team relay (30 minute time cap):

Grace
30 clean and jerks (95/65 lbs)

Helen
3 rounds
400m run
21 kettlebell swings (16/12 kg)
12 pull ups

Karen
150 wall balls (7/5 kg)

I was teamed up with Macky and Albright and among the three of us, we decided that I'll do Grace, Macky will do Helen, and Albright will do Karen. Since the box was small, the teams were divided into two heats, and our team was part of the first heat. Just before we started, I realized that I was the only girl doing Grace! But I'll take Grace any time over Helen or Karen. Those are just eewww.

There was a running clock and I finished doing Grace in 3:40; Macky finished Helen in 18:04; and Albright finished Karen in 29:11.

Sadly, Libis lost. Three Kapitolyo teams won and only two Libis teams won. Cry. We just consoled ourselves at the box party in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment