Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17 WOD: Double chipper

Every once in a while, a WOD comes along and makes you wish you had stayed at home and had a decent breakfast instead. Today is one of those days.

2 RFT (rounds for time), 12 minute time cap:

30 wall balls (20/14)
25 chest to bar pull ups
20 pistol squats
15 kettlebell swings (32/24 kg)

Rest 5 minutes, then

EMOM (every minute on the minute) x 5 minutes:

4 squat cleans (225/135)


Since I am not a WODkilla but a WODscala, I used a 10 lb ball for the wall balls, did ring rows instead of CTB, and used 16 kg for the KBS. Being positioned right beside one of the CFMNL beasts Ken helped a ton in pacing. The last minute was such a struggle, though, and the heat only made it worse.

The 5 minute rest in between the 2 workouts didn't seem to be enough. My legs were still wobbly and my arms were a little numb, and I really didn't want to do squat cleans after 2 rounds of that chipper but I did them anyway. I am a CrossFit sucker like that. I used 65 lbs for the squat cleans and managed to do all 5 sets unbroken. That felt good.

My score: 11:47 / 65 lbs

How cool are these tops?!
Tank top by Life as RX

Tank top by DNF Apparel

No comments:

Post a Comment