Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feb 7 WOD: Round 2 with Cindy

Still bleary-eyed, I checked the site for today's WOD, and what I saw woke me up good -- we were doing our second dance with Cindy. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't a benchmark workout. Sneaky coaches!

Cindy is 20 minutes AMRAP:

- 5 pull ups
- 10 push ups
- 15 squats


The first time we did Cindy was in sometime in September. I was able to do 12 rounds + 10 push ups that time so I was looking to beat my previous score. I did a scaled-down version of the pull up using rings. Miggy explained that if we'd been using the pull up bands for a long time and still couldn't do no-band pull ups, it would be better to train other upper body muscles in the meantime. But I made up for that by doing "man" push ups -- finally!

The first few rounds were okay, but I started to slow down by the 6th or 7th round. It was like a slow burn, and I understood why we were told to pace ourselves from the beginning.

My score: 14 rounds + 4 push ups. And I couldn't be happier.

I celebrated by having a paleo lunch of ampalaya with eggs and homemade chorizo burgers.


No comments:

Post a Comment