Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jan 24 WOD: CrossFit Total

I got excited when I checked the site and saw that we're doing the Total again today. The first time we did it was way back in May and I'd been wanting to get my new 1RMs so I can continue doing the Wendler 5/3/1.

This is what the CrossFit Total looks like:

Back squat 1-1-1
Shoulder press 1-1-1
Dead lift 1-1-1

Similar to Olympic lifting, your score is the sum of the best of 3 attempts.

Isabelle, Amie, and I shared a bar and for the back squat we reached 130 lbs. For the press, Amie and I did 60 lbs while Isabelle did 70. For the dead lift, Amie did 165 while Isabelle and I did 180. We thought that was the end but Coach Pau suggested that we try 185. I was able to do it and decided to stop there because I already felt lightheaded and dizzy. Isabelle kept going, though, and finally she stopped at 225. She's a fembot!

Grabbed from Isabelle's tweet
My Total score: 375 - a 30-point increase from my last one! My goal is to breach 400 next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment