Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Jan 18 WOD: Filthy Friday at the box

We did the benchmark WOD called Filthy Fifty today. It was the second time for me to do it, although when I did it the first time last year, I'd scaled and did the "Dirty 30" instead.

So this is the Filthy Fifty:

50 box jumps (Rx: 18")
50 jumping pull ups
50 kettlebell swings (Rx: 12 kg)
50 walking lunges
50 knees to elbow
50 push presses (Rx: 35 lbs)
50 good mornings (Rx: 35 lbs)
50 wall balls (Rx: 14 lbs)
50 burpees
50 double unders


I did everything except the wall balls as prescribed -- you know how attached I am to those 10 lb balls. Anyway, it started out well and I was making good time until I reached the wall balls. It was all downhill from there. I had a hard time with the burpees more than anything else. If it weren't for Amie who kept count for me and cheered me on, I would've given up then and there. And even though I DNFed I still did the 50 DUs and finished in about 37 minutes.

The thing I love about long workouts like this is it makes me feel so alive after! Good way to kick off the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment