Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 11 WOD: Dead lifts and box jumps

It took a while, but I think I'm finally getting my groove back. I was actually excited to do the WOD today because it involves one of my favorite lifts, the dead lift.

There was a 12 minute cap and we had to do 21-15-9 (yes, the magic numbers) of:

- Dead lifts (Rx: 155 lbs)
- Box jumps (Rx: 24")


I used an 18" box, and since Coach Pau recommended using 60-65% of our 1RM for the dead lift, I set up a 110 lb bar. The challenge was for us to finish the WOD in under 10 minutes, so I thought that 110 was the right weight for me. It had been so long since we'd had a workout that involved dead lifts and I'd kinda forgotten what it's like to do high rep DLs. On hindsight, though, I think I could've gone a bit heavier.

According to Urban Dictionary, to sandbag is to purposely choose not to play your best. And at the box, when the coach tells you not to sandbag, it means you shouldn't take the easy way out just for the sake of finishing fast. I just love how the coaches push us. :)

Anyway. I finished in 6:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment