Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dec 18 WOD: Jerk

First, we did skills work and we worked on the behind the neck jerk. We were given 20 minutes to do 5 sets of 1 rep each. Which meant we had to go heavy. Tin and I shared a bar, and we worked our way up from 45 lbs to 65 lbs (me) and 90 (Tin). I made a couple of attempts at 75 lbs but I kept thinking about how heavy it was and I kept seeing images of the bar hitting my head, so I wasn't even able to jerk it up. The body was willing but the mind was weak. I much prefer jerking from the front. Boo hoo me.

After that, cash out was pretty much the same as last Tuesday's. It was OTM x 16 minutes:

Odd minutes: Max reps pistol squats
Even minutes: 8 chest to bar pull ups

My score: 65 lbs (jerk); 100 pistol squats

No comments:

Post a Comment