Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Oct 8 WOD: Push ups + Wendler

Strength: Back squats

I'm halfway through my 2nd Wendler cycle -- woohoo!

Warm up: 3 x 65; 3 x 75

75% x 5 = 5 x 90
85% x 3 = 3 x 100
95% x 1+ = 2 x 110


I have to say, I'm a little frustrated with my numbers. I know that 110 lbs is my back squat 3RM, so I'm sad that I was only able to do 3 reps today. Or maybe I got scurred again and didn't wanna try for one more rep?


WOD

Coach Jordan took more time than usual to explain today's workout because it looked complicated on the board. The workout is broken down into 2 parts:

A. Max reps push ups: we were given 9 minutes, and every 3 minutes we had to do as many unbroken push ups as we could. I did girl push ups (on my knees) and completed a total of 85 reps.

B. The workout is only for 12 minutes, and on odd minutes we were to do 5 strict shoulder presses. On even minutes we were to do 1 to 3 muscle ups. I did kneeling muscle ups (as did most of the others), so I had to do 6 of those plus 6 paralette dips.


It was recommended that we use 70-75% of our 1RM for the press, so I used 40 lbs for mine. The penalty for every strict press that is missed was x5 bar-facing burpees. So you can be sure I did my darnedest to get every rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment