Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oct 29 WOD: 1RM Snatch + Wendler

Strength: Back squats

Warm up: 5 x 45; 5 x 65

5 x 65% = 5 x 80
5 x 75% = 5 x 95
5+ x 85% = 5 x 105

Assistance (post-WOD): 5 x 10 sit ups; 5 x 10 good mornings (65 lbs)


I hate to admit it, but I've gotten a wee bit scared of back squats ever since I accidentally let the bar roll down my back some days ago. So when it was time to do the last set (105 lbs), I made sure to keep in mind 2 things I've learnt from reading up on back squats: 1) I kept my core tight by inhaling before going down and holding my breath until I was up again; 2) I pushed my back up against the bar. I also used the low bar position, which hurts my shoulders, but does help when the load is heavier.


WOD

We worked on the snatch today. We had 20 mins to find our 1RM, then the metcon was a 5-minute ascending ladder workout of:

- Thruster
- Muscle up


The score for the 5-min workout is the total number of reps completed. My scores: 55 lbs (1RM snatch), 30 reps (50 lbs for thrusters, jumping muscle ups).

No comments:

Post a Comment