Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oct 17 WOD: Brave Mudders prep?

Um, I should have concluded my second cycle of the Wendler 5/3/1 but I got lazy, so that will have to wait till Friday.

Pre-WOD, Tin and I ran 1 km outside. My mind was resistant to the idea, but I knew I needed it. I'm sure my pace was like a super slow jog for her (she is an ultramarathoner, after all!), but she didn't leave me behind.

Today's workout felt suspiciously like preparatory work for the Brave Mudders happening on Sunday. We did several AMRAP workouts.

6 min AMRAP of:
- 20 wall balls (Rx: 14 lbs)
- 3 ball-facing burpees

1 minute rest, then:
2 mins AMRAP jumping lunges (1 lunge = 1 rep)

1 minute rest, then:
2 mins AMRAP bear crawls (count the number of laps from end to end of the box)

1 minute rest, then:
2 mins double unders


My score: 3 rds / 44 jumping lunges / 5 bear crawl laps / 27 DU.

Post-WOD, Coach Jordan gave us tips for some of the obstacles that we were to expect on Sunday. He taught us how to do the fireman's carry, how to swing through monkey bars, and how to climb ropes. General physical preparedness, baby!

After that, Tin suggested that we run 1 km again, and it was her turn to give me running tips. I know -- I have the awesomest boxmates, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment