Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct 15 WOD: Freakin' KBS + Wendler

Strength: Back squats

40% x 5 = 5 x 45
50% x 5 = 5 x 60
60% x 5+ = 10 x 70



WOD

A. On the minute for 3 minutes: 2 reps snatches (70 - 80% of 1RM)

B. 3 rounds of:

- 10 overhead squats (Rx: 55 lbs)
- 20 double unders
- 30 kettlebell swings (Rx: 16 kg)


I was able to go up to 55 lbs for the snatches. We were instructed to "go heavy" but of course, form comes first, so I didn't want to go too heavy.

Those OHS were darn hard. Funny that I couldn't use the same weight for my OHS as I could for my snatch -- I went down to 40 lbs. I found it difficult to stabilize my torso while squatting. I did all 3 sets for the OHS unbroken, though! For the double unders, I was just glad that we weren't required to do them unbroken. And finally, for the KBS, I was tempted to use 12 kg because I did the math and thought 16 kg would be too difficult for 90 KBS (and that is why this article strongly advises against it). But I stuck with my 16 kg friend and thankfully finished in 11:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment