Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Oct 12 WOD: 3-in-1 + Wendler

Strength: Dead lifts

Today is the start of deload week.

Warm up: 3 x 55

40% x 5 = 5 x 65
50% x 5 = 5 x 80
60% x 5+ = 15 x 100


After that, I practiced doing double unders since the WOD involved doing 20 unbroken DUs. Yeah. Just when I thought I could move on from obsessing over DUs, it comes back to haunt me.



WOD

We got to do 3 workouts today! There's a running clock, and for the first 10 mins we had to do 3 rounds of:

- 10 snatches (Rx: 65 lbs)
- 10 hand stand push ups

On the 10th minute, we had to do 3 rounds of:

- 10 thrusters (Rx: 65 lbs)
- 10 chest-to-bar pull ups

On the 20th minute, we had to do 3 rounds of:

- 20 unbroken double unders
- 10 toes to bar


I used 50 lbs for both the snatch and the thrusters, did pike push ups instead of HSPUs, and used the blue band for the pull ups. I finished the first workout in 6:38; I finished the 2nd in 7:37; and I DNFed the last one. Boo hoo. But it was still a great WOD because I got to work on my DUs for 10 minutes. I couldn't get past 12 unbroken DUs and it was so frustrating. Arrgghhh!

After the workout, I told myself I deserved a drink -- a recovery drink, that is -- so I finally tried out SFH's chocolate flavored recovery protein powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment