Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sep 7 WOD: Bar complex + Wendler Day 13

Strength: Dead lifts

After some dilly-dallying, I finally started my 2nd cycle of the Wendler 5/3/1. I did what I read on some websites and added 10 lbs to my working 1RM (that is, 90% of my 1RM).

Warm up: 3 x 45; 3 x 65; 3 x 85

65% x 5 = 5 x 105
75% x 5 = 5 x 120
85% x 5 = 7 x 135


People started coming in as I was finishing up and I totally forgot about doing assistance lifts.


WOD

I noticed that I complain too much. I complain about everything. It's become a habit and sometimes I don't even notice that I'm doing it. So I've resolved to stop complaining and just do what needs to be done because complaining won't get the job done.

Today's workout was fun, although a little bitin.

Buy in: 7 muscle ups

Then, 5 rounds of:

- 5 hang power cleans (Rx: 115, the same for all 3 exercises)
- 4 front squats
- 3 shoulder to overheads (press, push press, or push jerk)

Cash out: 7 muscle ups


Since nobody in the class could do muscle ups yet, we did 14 kneeling muscle ups and 14 jumping muscle ups. (Are muscle ups the new double unders at the box?) I like how the coaches are slowly easing us into more challenging exercises. My WOD-mates and I were just talking about how before the prescribed height for girls' box jumps used to be 18", and now it's 24"! And the prescribed weight for girls' overhead lifts used to be 95 lbs, and now it's 115 lbs.

I used a 55 lb bar for the exercises. It was too light for the cleans and front squats, but just right for the push jerks. Although I could've gone a tad heavier - maybe 60 lbs? Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Bah.

My time: 5:52.


Gerard (aka G) is celebrating his birthday today, and as if to make a statement, he went Rx! Good job, G!

No comments:

Post a Comment