Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sep 5 WOD

Today's workout went much, much better than last Monday's. True, I felt like dying many times while doing it (I've lost count now how many times I've associated workouts with dying -- and of course, this won't be the last!), but I did it!

(image from wordboner.com)
Nothing like the fear of DNF-ing to propel you through a WOD, huh. I loved today's workout, though. We had to do a combination of ascending then descending ladder workout. Can I call it a pyramid workout? Anyway. The sets were 4-6-8-10-12-10-8-6-4 of:

- Kettlebell swings (Rx: 24 kg)
- Box jumps (Rx: 24")
- Burpees


I used a 16 kg kettlebell and the prescribed 24" box. I thought the burpees would get me, but I managed to finish within the 20 minute time cap. My time: 17:29.


I had planned to start the second cycle of the Wendler, but traffic was sooo very bad and I got to the box at 9:30 -- too late for a strength workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment