Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Sep 21 WOD: Triplet AMRAP + Wendler

Strength: Dead lifts

For the first time since starting on Wendler, I was scurred to do dead lifts. It's my 2nd week into the 2nd cycle and the weights keep getting piled on. Well, you know what they say...

(source)
Warm up: 3 x 45; 3 x 65; 3 x 85

70% x 3 = 3 x 115
80% x 3 = 3 x 130
90% x 3+ = 4 x 145


Pre-CrossFit, I thought lifting meant simply picking up something heavy. Now I know better. You need to engage your brain the entire time to make sure you don't do anything dumb. You need to visualize what you're going to do so your brain can tell your body what it's supposed to do. Not so simple.


WOD

Another TGIF workout! Woooohoooooo!!! On the menu today was 12 mins AMRAP of:

- 7 bar-facing burpees
- 7 power snatches (Rx: 80 lbs)
- 7 front rack lunges (same weight as snatch weight)


I'm sure someone before me has already thought of calling bar-facing burpees "barfees". Blech! Before the workout, Jordan emphasized that both feet should leave the ground and land at the same time. For the lunges, it was one leg = one lunge). I used 45 lbs for the snatches and the lunges because I'm not super confident and happy about my form yet. I still can't get the shrug! Grrr.

My score: 4 + 3 snatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment