Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sep 12 WOD: EMOM + Wendler

WOD

The WOD came first today, and I did Wendler after the workout. On the menu: every minute on the minute (EMOM) for 10 minutes of:

- 3 muscle ups
- 5 box jumps (Rx: 18")

After that, there's a 3 minute rest, then tabata abs:

- Sit ups
- Russian twists (Rx: 14 lbs)


I did 6 kneeling muscle ups instead, and used an 18" box. For the Russian twists, I used a 15 lb plate.


My scores: 10/7/8.


Strength: Back squats

So Coach Jordan shared a back squatting tip with me today because I told him I sometimes have trouble coming up from the squat (or, as I learned it's called, "getting out of the hole") when doing heavier weights. He told me to use the momentum coming down to create a little bounce when I get to the bottom... and it worked!

Warm up: 3 x 45; 3 x 65

65% x 5 = 5 x 75
75% x 5 = 5 x 90
85% x 5+ = 6 x 100

I just love the feeling of finishing a challenging strength workout!


"Feeling alive is way more fun than being scared."

No comments:

Post a Comment