|It doesn't look like much but it sure smelled fantastic!|
(adapted from this recipe by The Clothes Make the Girl)
6 pcs chicken leg quarters
Salt for salting the chicken
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp ground allspice
1/2 Tbsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub salt over the leg quarters and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the spices in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish big enough to fit all the pieces comfortably. Sprinkle on the spice mix a little at a time, making sure that the chicken pieces are all pretty well coated. Turn the pieces over and coat the other side.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and rub again.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the juice runs clear when you pierce the meat.
Moroccan Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
Pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp minced cilantro or parsley
Whisk the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper together. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then stir in chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve at room temperature.