Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paleo Banana and Cream "Oatmeal"

On a rainy day like today, there's nothing more I would like than to have a bowl of warm porridge. During my pre-paleo days, I would have oat bran or champorado with sweetened condensed milk. I still have champorado occasionally when I have a cheat meal to spare. That's one of the few times I wish rice were paleo.

Anyway, the past few days I'd been googling recipes for paleo "oatmeal". There were a lot of good ones (this one on Mark's Daily Apple seemed to have a lot of good reviews), but I wanted something that didn't require a lot of time and ingredients to prepare. What can I say? I'm lazy like that.

Well, I finally came across this Banana and Cream "Oatmeal" recipe on A Girl Worth Saving's site. It had only 4 ingredients and you hardly have to cook it. Perfect! I tried it today and it totally satisfied my porridge craving. Plus, it was a good way to use up the coconut butter I still have sitting in the pantry.

Banana and Cream "Oatmeal"
(serves 1)

1 ripe banana
2 Tbsp coconut butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
  1. In a small microwavable bowl, mash the banana, then mix in the salt and cinnamon.
  2. Mix in the coconut butter.
  3. Microwave on low for about a minute. Take it out and mix it further to make sure that everything is getting heated. Put it back and microwave again for about another minute.
  4. Enjoy!
If the mixture seems too thick or creamy for your taste, you could put a little bit of coconut milk in your bowl. You can also top it with dried fruit or nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment