Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Aug 31 WOD: Randy + Wendler Day 12

WOD

We did snatches for the first time during a WOD today. The workout was a hero benchmark called Randy, in honor of Randy Simmons, an LAPD veteran and SWAT team member killed in the line of duty.

We had to do 75 reps of power snatches. Rx for the ladies was 55 lbs.


I practiced using a 25 lb bar, then I tried using a 35 lb bar. Coach Jordan reminded everyone that it's more important to get our form down first before trying to go Rx. So I stuck with the 35 lb bar. It wasn't terribly difficult, but I took my time performing each rep because I wanted to make sure that my form was good -- not easy to do when you have to do 75 reps. Sometimes I'd feel like I nailed it, and then I'd mess up the next rep.

My time: 12:10.

We weren't made to do a cash-out, but I saw something on the board that Dorothy said they'd done, so I did it too.


As you can see, it was a lot. I cheated during the planks, though. I couldn't hold it for 1 minute without taking a break!


Strength: Shoulder press

I had decided I wouldn't do this when I saw the WOD, but I had it already written down in my journal so I ended up doing it anyway. It's deload week, anyway.

40% x 5 = 5 x 25
50% x 5 = 5 x 30
60% x 5+ = 10 x 35

It would've been embarrassing to use a rack for the presses because they're so light, so I didn't. I'm so glad it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment