Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Aug 29 WOD: Triplet + Wendler Day 11

This morning, I finally decided to try out the two-ingredient pancakes I saw on Carrots 'n Cake. I mashed a cavendish banana, then I added an egg and whisked them together thoroughly. I also added a pinch of cinnamon (because bananas and cinnamon are always a good idea), then I cooked it in a non-stick pan.

It took a good 10 to 15 minutes to cook one side, and it was a tad challenging to flip it and make sure it stayed in one piece. After flipping, I waited about 7 minutes more and it was done! I ate it with a side of bacon. It was so good that I'm thinking of making it again tomorrow.


Strength: Back squats

I can't believe it's almost September. Which means malls will start playing Christmas songs all day long. I love Christmas but my wallet isn't ready for it!

It's still deload week, so the weights for the back squats were significantly lighter.

Warm up: 5 x 35

40% x 5 = 5 x 45
50% x 5 = 5 x 55
60% x 5+ = 10 x 65

Assistance: Pull ups (included in the WOD); 3 x 10 good mornings (post-WOD)

My numbers on the left; Tere's on the right

WOD

It was raining hard when I woke up this morning and I debated with myself for a good 10 minutes whether or not I was going to the box or not. Even when I don't really feel like working out, I know there's no way I will actually flake on it. It's just not a choice anymore. When did that happen? Maybe when working out got fun?

I cringe whenever I remember going to "globo" gyms and running on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then trudging to the weight machines to do countless reps of whatever while my mind wandered. While I may at some point in the future leave the box, I don't think I'll ever go back to doing what I used to do at my old gym.

Anyway. Today we did 21-15-9 of:

- Weighted push ups (Rx: 25 lbs)
- Squat jumps
- Towel pull ups


Tere got a 25 lb plate, and when she saw my 15 lb plate she warned me that I'll be sorry I didn't go heavier. She was right, of course. For the towel pull ups, Jordan allowed us to use the ring instead of the bar.

My time: 8:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment