Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Aug 24 WOD: Descending ladder + Wendler Day 10

Strength: Dead lifts

I'm almost through Cycle 1 and today is the start of deload week, which means you lift significantly less weight to give your body a chance to recover.

Warm up: 5 x 45; 5 x 50

40% x 5 = 5 x 60
50% x 5 = 5 x 75
60% x 5+ = 15 x 90


I know. Kinda boring, but I've read in forums and websites that these "easy" deload weeks should be enjoyed. This website says that when you're done with the cycle, you should add 5 lbs to your 1RM total for upper body lifts and 10 lbs to your 1RM total for lower body lifts, then recalculate the percentages.


WOD

We learned a new movement today: the snatch balance. It's hard to describe, so I'll let this video show how it's done.



We practiced a few times before doing the WOD, which was 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:

- Snatch balance (Rx: 55 lbs)
- Sit ups
- Box jumps (Rx: 18")


Since it was the first time for me to do this, I used the 25 lb bar (although later on I'd wish I'd used a heavier bar). The first couple of sets were wobbly, and there were times when I didn't know if I was falling forward or backward. Guess that's why they're called the snatch balance, huh. For the box jumps, I used an 18" box.

My time: 13:32.

Post-WOD, we - the girls in the moms' class - went to have coffee nearby, and Tin, Tere, and I got to talking about marathon running. Tere is planning to sign up for TBR Dream Marathon when registration opens up, and Tin had volunteered to pace her. They've been needling me to sign up alongside Tere, and although in the past I had dreamed of running a marathon, I have to say that it's not in my bucket list anymore.

I don't know when or how it happened, but I seem to have fallen out of love with running. Training for a marathon entails time and commitment; I know I could make time for it if I wanted to, but the desire is gone and with that the commitment.

Maybe I'll decide to join the 2014 Dream Marathon and have Tere pace me!

No comments:

Post a Comment