Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Things I want to improve on

I know that I absolutely need to do these things better if I want to do the workouts as Rx'd. One thing at a time.

1) Burpees. Among all the things I want to improve on in CrossFit, the burpee has got to be at the top of my list. It's simple to do but try doing 10 of that for 10 rounds and you are so not going to be happy. I've tried applying what I've seen in the video below when the WODs call for burpees. Not that easy.


2) Double unders. Y'all know this is something I've been working on. I practice this pre-WOD and now it's part of my warm up routine. Apart from getting the wrist action and jumps right, I think another important part of having consistent DUs is having the right rope. Which is why I'm on the lookout for good, cheap speed ropes.



3) The clean. I love cleaning. I do. But no matter how many times this comes up in WODs, the movement always feels alien to me at the beginning and I'd always need to do a few sets before I feel comfortable. It doesn't help that there aren't any mirrors at the box, so I have no choice but to rely on muscle memory and the coach.



So, I want to be able to do these 3 things well first before working on more difficult and complex movements like hand stands and snatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment