Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Jul 9 WODs: CrossFit Games Open 11.2 + Bootcamp

I don't think I'll be joining the upcoming paleo challenge. I've mulled it over, and I thought, what for? Paleo challenges are great for people who are totally new to the lifestyle. They're the ones who'll benefit the most if they join. As for me, I'm like, been there done that. I learned a lot from the last challenge I joined: I learned how to plan my meals, how to cook, how to discriminate healthy from unhealthy food, and how to read labels. I haven't regressed and I try to eat as paleo as possible. Or am I telling myself these things because I'm too chicken to join??

For today's workout, we did the 2011 CrossFit Games Open Workout 2. It's 15 mins AMRAP of:

- 9 dead lifts (Rx: 95 lbs)
- 12 hand-release push ups
- 15 box jumps (Rx: 18")

Grabbed from the CFMNL website
Almost Rx'd again. I say almost because halfway through, I started having a hard time doing strict push ups and couldn't keep the correct form. Bah. I blame all the cake I ate during the weekend!

My score: 6 + 2 HRPUs.

After resting a while, Ann and I decided to join the bootcamp.

Round 1: 8 mins AMRAP of:

- 5 burpees
- 4 sprints

< 2 min rest >

Round 2: 8 mins AMRAP of:

- 10 mountain climbers
- 4 frog hops

The frog hops were fun but we were super tired! My scores: 9 + 3 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment