Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Jul 6 WOD: TGIF birthday blowout

I confess that I toyed with the idea of skipping the workout today as a birthday gift to myself so I can relax for a bit at home. But I knew with utmost certainty that I would regret it so I went. I'm glad I did because I loved today's WOD!

We were given a 20 min cap to do:

- 30 dead lifts (Rx: 115 lbs)
- 30 toes to bar
- 30 burpees
- 100 double unders


I used 115 lbs for the dead lifts as prescribed, did knees to elbows (which eventually became "knees to wherever") instead of toes to bar, and did the "dubs" as prescribed!

It was brutal. What helped me through it was breaking up the reps into sets of 10. And I'm so happy I was able to do that even for the burpees. It took me about 7 or 8 minutes to get those 100 DUs but I did it!

My time: 15:56.

In other news, it's been announced on Facebook that there's another paleo challenge coming up. Should I join or should I join??

No comments:

Post a Comment