Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Jul 16 WOD: Death by squats and pull ups

The CrossFit Games just wrapped up, and after the dust had settled, Rich Froning Jr. and Annie Thorisdottir were respectively crowned The Fittest Man and Woman on Earth. They're the first back-to-back champs in CrossFit Games history. Wow.

(source)
From what I've read about him, Rich Froning Jr. seems to be a very down-to-earth guy. And I love that he has a tattoo of Galatians 6:14 on his side. This is the perfect time to get a Fromance shirt, yes?

From CrossFit Reebok
I don't think anyone can say anything bad about Iceland Annie. Say her last name (Thorisdottir) aloud and it sounds like "Thor's daughter", which is quite fitting as she seems to have the powers of a demigod. I love that she always has a sunny smile on her face.

(source)
I want this shirt, too!

From CrossFit Reebok
Okay, enough of the Games. On to the WOD. We had to do the following on the minute:

- Front squat
- Strict pull up

So, on the first minute you do 1 squat and 1 pull up. On the second minute you do 2 squats, 2 pull ups, and so on until you're not able to complete a set anymore. After that you do, for time, a descending ladder according to the number of sets you were able to complete. So if you were able to complete 10, you start with 10 squats, 10 pull ups, then 9 squats, 9 pull ups, and so on.


What made this challenging (for me, at least) were the strict pull ups! Try as I might, I couldn't for the life of me pull myself up for the 6th time.

My scores: 5 sets; 3:25.

Ooh! In other news, I was able to string together 8 double unders! But almost immediately after I realized I was doing it, I tripped. Next goal: string together 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment