Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jun 9 WOD: CFMNL Throwdown 1.3

It's Day 3 of the CrossFit MNL Throwdown, and when I got to the box for the afternoon class, preparations for the throwdown were in full swing. There was ice, 2 water stations, and even "photographers" (a.k.a. people who brought cameras) for the event. Everyone was in high spirits and just a wee bit nervous about the workout. Okay, they were tense, anxious, and maybe taking the throwdown too seriously! Then again, that's what we do. We always take workouts very seriously (even if the coaches say it's just another WOD).

We had to do:

- 400m run
- 21 dead lifts (Rx: 95)


I used only 75 lbs for the dead lift. My time: 18:34.

So I had an epiphany while doing today's WOD: I suck at running. While Coach Pau was explaining the workout earlier, he said that if we suck at running, we should recover when we do the dead lifts; if we suck at dead lifts, we should recover during the run. Apparently, I suck at running because I found myself looking forward to the dead lifts at the end of the run.

While running, I kept asking, "Why do I do this to myself?" But now that I have my rose-colored glasses on and I'm sitting comfortably in my air-conditioned room, I can say that was a fun workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment