Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28 WOD: Coe (or, Be Careful What You Wish For)

So I got my wish to do a thruster workout.

As the website screamed when I checked the WOD: It's bbbeeeennnnnccchhhhmark day! And since it's Memorial Day in the US and you know how CrossFit boxes just love to honor fallen heroes, we paid tribute to Army Sgt. Keith Adam Coe, who died in Iraq of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an explosive device.

For this hero workout, we had to do 10 rounds of:

- 10 thrusters (Rx: 65 lbs)
- 10 ring push ups

Nice to meet you, Sgt. Coe
I tried using a 55 lb bar for the thrusters during warm up and I knew my form would suffer in the early rounds so I went down to 45. I also attempted to do ring push ups on my knees in the first round but it was like the strength had been drained from my triceps, so I did hand-release push ups instead.

Can I tell you a secret? I wanted to quit after the third round. I had to stop many times because I felt like I was dying. As Tere would say, "Sinusundo na ako ng angel ko!" And I can't tell you how utterly relieved and destroyed I was when I finished.

My score: 22 mins.

Before we started the workout, the folks from Reebok came and delivered stocks of the Reebok CrossFit Nano 2.0.


The green and the red ones look cool, but they're both for men. The ladies have no options, just the black pair (which looks like what people who did aerobics wore in the 1980s!). I tried them on after the WOD, and compared to my new Inov-8 f-lite 195s, they look blah. I wish they'd made the original Nanos available instead. The color I'd have wanted was this:

More styles here
Maybe in the end it's a good thing I didn't like the shoes because I won't feel so bad that I couldn't buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment