Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paleo Chicken Fingers

I'd bought chicken breast the last time I went to the supermarket, and instead of using Melicious' chicken spice blend which I usually use for chicken breast, I sliced them into strips to make chicken fingers. Because I miss Friday's chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce.

Again, I scoured the Internet for paleo "breading" recipes and found myself checking out The Paleo Mom's chicken fingers recipe. I made a few changes in the recipe and this is how I made it:

Paleo Chicken Fingers

1/4 kg chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp rock salt
3/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
Coconut oil for frying

  1. Rub some salt onto the chicken strips and let sit for about 15 mins.
  2. Beat egg in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine almond flour, salt, paprika, curry powder, and cumin and mix to combine.
  3. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan. Dip the chicken strips in egg, then dip in the almond flour mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
  4. Cook the chicken (about 2-3 mins per side). Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.

It came out a little bit too salty for my taste, so I probably should've omitted the salt in the almond flour mixture. I would've made some sort of dip if I'd had the ingredients and the time, but that'll have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment