Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 24 + Mar 9 WOD: Open 12.3

Today's meals

Breakfast: Banana with coconut butter (OMG. Sooo good!)
Lunch: Boiled sweet potatoes with coconut butter
Dinner: Leftover pan-fried cream dory, carrot and cucumber sticks
Snacks: Leftover pancakes, singkamas, boiled sweet potatoes

When I got my 1 kg pack of coconut butter from Peter Paul last Monday, I honestly didn't know what to do with it. I'd just read that some people like using it as a substitute for nut butter, but aside from that I didn't know how else I could use it. I could've chosen to get almond butter from someone at the box, but a small bottle goes for around P150. So, again, coconut butter at P180/kg vs. almond butter at P150/small bottle? No brainer. But I'm so glad I got it. I put it on my pancakes yesterday, and this morning I ate it with my banana. And right now I'm eating it again with my sweet potatoes. Someone said in a forum that you could mix it with dirt and it would still taste good. It's just that good.

Sweet potatoes topped with coconut butter
Now that I'm using all these coconut products, I've realized how blessed I am to live in a tropical country where there's an abundance of everything coconut -- if you know where to look. So far I've got coconut aminos, coconut nectar, coconut sugar, coconut butter, coconut cream, coconut flour, and of course fresh coconut water with coconut meat.

WOD

I had a feeling the coaches would make us do the Open 12.3 workout when it was announced yesterday. It's not as technical as the 12.2 but it was still hard. It was 18 mins AMRAP of:

- 15 box jumps (Rx: 20")
- 12 push presses (Rx: 75 lbs)
- 9 toes to bar


For the box jumps I used a 12" box stacked with 3 35-lb plates (so that's 18"); for the push presses I alternated between a 45 lb bar and a 35 lb bar; and for the toes to bar I did knees to abs. My score: 6 + 6 box jumps.

Post-WOD, I worked on my double unders for a bit, and I also tried doing the knees to elbow. Turns out I need to develop my shoulder strength first. Progress is slow, but I'll get there soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment