Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 5

Today's meals

Breakfast: bananas, coconut water with coconut meat
Lunch: seared tuna salad with vinaigrette
Dinner: pork barbecue and green salad with olive oil, pepper, and salt
Snacks: more bananas and coconut water with coconut meat

I met up with friends after Sunday service and we had lunch at Borough in Podium. I was kinda already starving by this time so I was glad to devour my salad, which would've been very paleo if not for the potatoes. My friends ordered burgers, sandwiches, and fries. To top it all off, as if to test my will and discipline, they had milk and cookies -- which looked very good and oh-so tempting. But no. I stuck to my resolve and managed not to use one of my 5 cheat cards.

After dinner, I made a quick trip to the supermarket and got some stuff for this week. My cart:

Eggplant, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, bell pepper, coconut milk, olive oil, and eggs
I was excited to see that they had coconut milk, because I'm planning to make paleo pancakes using coconut flour this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment