Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 1 + February 15 WOD: Triplet and cleans

And so the Paleo Challenge begins.

I didn't have time to make a decent breakfast this morning so I just had a banana before going to the box.

Today's WOD was short and simple. It was 10 mins AMRAP of:

- 8 chest-to-bar pull ups
- 6 box jumps
- 4 front squats (Rx: 75% 1 RM of your clean/front squat)

After that, there was a 2 min rest, then 1 min AMRAP of cleans using the same weight doing the front squats.


I used the green band for the CTB pull ups, the 12" box for the box jumps, and 45 lbs for the front squats and cleans (my 1 RM for cleans is 65 lbs). No, I'm still not brave enough to try the 18" box. I did 7 rounds and 7 cleans. So-so.

After the workout I had coffee (iced Americano, straight up) at Starbucks with some of the crossfit moms, and when I got to the office I had the scrambled eggs with tomato that I'd made in the morning.

Afternoon snack: 2 pieces saging saba (cardava banana in English)
Dinner: pan fried cream dory fish and sauteed spinach
Evening snack: 1 piece baked sweet potato
Midnight snack: 1 banana and a handful of walnuts

What? The paleo diet says eat when you're hungry! Hence the snacks. Well, so far, so good! Now, only 29 days to gooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment