Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16 WOD: Clean the plates

Since I am on leave and have the luxury of time just for today, I attended the 12:30 class. I arrived too early, as usual so to keep my body warmed up I practiced doing double unders. I get the instructions and in my mind I have an idea of how to do it, but my body doesn't want to cooperate. During the whole time I practiced I was able to do maybe 4 or 5, but not consecutive ones. Bah.


Anyway, we did strength today. First we had to do 2-2-2-2-2-2 (6 sets of 2 reps):

- Power cleans

For this, we started light and added weights till we had to squat clean them. That's how you know you've maxed. First set, I did 45 lbs; second set, 55 lbs; third set, 65 lbs. After that, I couldn't even squat clean 75 lbs.

After that, we did 8 rounds of the following, Tabata style:

- 20 sec plate taps (you clean the plate and jerk it overhead)
- 10 sec rest
- 20 sec lateral plate jumps (with the plate on the floor, you jump from one side to the other)
- 10 sec rest

I used the Rxed 25 lb plate. Total reps: 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment