Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dec 12 WOD: Olys and pull ups

A. BBG/Skill

8 minutes: Warm up to 70% of 1RM snatch
5 minutes EMOM snatch 1 rep at 70-75%

Rest 2 minutes

8 minutes: Warm up to 75% of 1RM clean and jerk
5 minutes EMOM clean and jerk 1 rep at 75-80%

B. Cash out

2 sets for time:
25 pull ups

Only four people attended the 11 am class, including myself. Judging from pictures and chat conversations, the others are probably still wasted from last night's box Christmas party.

Anyway, I did real pull ups today! We were given 12 minutes to complete the two sets, so that was a lot of time. I was fretting about the pull ups and had asked Coach Jordan for advice. He told me to do pull ups for the first set, then ring rows for the second set. I agreed, but I knew that if I started with the pull ups I would most likely stick to it till the end. Success! And look, ma, no tears (on my hands, that is)!


My score: 55# (snatch); 90# (C&J); 9:39 Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment