Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Coconut chia pudding

I'd known about chia pudding for some time before I finally decided to get a bag of chia seeds from Healthy Options. They don't come cheap, that's why it took me a while to get on the chia bandwagon. They're not strictly paleo, but I do find them good for me. Mark Sisson briefly wrote about why we should be cautious about consuming too much.

I make chia pudding the night before I plan to have it for breakfast, since it should be chilled before eating.


Coconut Chia Pudding
(serves 1)

1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds

  1. Using a blender bottle, mix together coconut milk and coconut sugar. Make sure that the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Take out the wire whisk ball thingamajig and mix in the chia seeds. Stir every few minutes.
  3. Pour the mixture into a small bowl or mug, cover with a plastic wrap, and chill overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment