Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Aug 5 WOD: Double under thief foiled

Whenever a WOD involves double unders and I start practicing them during warm up, they almost always "disappear," almost like they're in hiding or had gotten stolen. Well, not today! I lengthened my rope about an inch and that might have made the difference. Maybe I need more slack in my rope so I wouldn't trip when my arms start flaring out during DUs.

A. SWOD

Strict press 5 x 5 (20 minutes)

B. Metcon

For time (20 minute cap):

50 double unders
25 weighted toes to bar
40 double unders
20 weighted TTB
30 DUs
15 weighted TTB
20 DUs
10 weighted TTB
10 DUs
5 weighted TTB

Raf took over Jordan's class today. Before the SWOD, he instructed us to go for our 5RM shoulder press on the 3rd set, then use a lighter weight for the remaining 2 sets. During the metcon he saw me struggling with the toes to bar and said I could do 10 TTBs across all rounds so I'd still get to finish the WOD.

My score: 60 (press); 16:07

No comments:

Post a Comment