Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27 WOD: Snatch skill

Yet another snatch day. After last week's snatch challenges, I wanted to take a step back and make sure my form is good before piling on the weight.

A. Skill: Snatch 5 x 3

The reps are not to be done touch and go. There must be a 5 second rest in between each rep. At the end of each set, rest 2 minutes.

B. Metcon

4 RFT

10 hang power snatch (115/75)
20 box jumps (24/18)

For the skill part, I practiced doing the full snatch. I used the short bar because the boys were using the long bars, and I started with 35. I did 55 lbs for the last set and failed the first 2 reps but finally nailed the 3rd one. The secret is not being afraid to extend the arms back quickly when getting under the bar. Now I need to practice doing that with heavier weights. Baby steps.

For the metcon, I used 45 lbs for the snatch and an 18" box for the box jumps.

My score: 9:37

No comments:

Post a Comment