Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23 WOD: Cleans and burpees

Ripped hands or not, I decided to just show up for today's workout. And I don't regret it at all! The WOD had 2 parts:

A. 4 sets

3 front squats
Rest 20 seconds, then:
Max reps pull ups
Rest 3 minutes

B. 10 minutes AMRAP

10 power cleans (155/105)
10 burpees


For the first part, I did ring rows and used a climbing load with my first set at 75 and my last one at 105. For the second part, I used 65 lbs for the cleans. And! I made sure to avoid using a non-Rogue bar. Also, before the workout, I already put band aid on my torn calluses and then taped them up (Rhona's advice). That seemed to work. Although I still haven't cut away the piece of skin hanging on my palm. I'm such a baby. I'll do it today, I swear!

I wish I'd learned how to use the hook grip from the start. I'm so comfortable using it now. I felt the difference when doing the cleans, and I was even able to go unbroken on the first round.

My scores: 105 (front squats); 4 rounds + 10 power cleans

No comments:

Post a Comment