Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2 WOD: Olympic Total

Today I attended the first Thursday 10am class. There were only 5 of us -- the usual suspects. The workout is the Olympic Total, which is the sum of the best of 3 attempts at the snatch and clean and jerk.

First 15 minutes: snatch

1 - 1 - 1

Then next 15 minutes: clean and jerk

1 - 1 - 1

My snatch sets:

1 x 45
1 x 55
1 x 65

My clean and jerk sets:

1 x 95
1 x 105
1 x 115

I had mental difficulties getting under the bar with the 115. I resist squatting. As much as possible, if I can snatch or clean it standing up, I would. I was able to pull the 115 bar up just below my shoulders but I didn't want to have to squat clean it.

I also wanted to work on my full snatch, and I was able to do it with the 55 once. Coach Jordan observed that the weight goes forward and he said I mustn't be afraid of pulling my arms a little further back. After that, since time was running out, I used the power snatch for the last set.

After the Total, the others thought that we needed a cash out and I let myself get suckered into doing tabata abs. It wasn't so bad because we agreed to do only 4 rounds of each exercise.

Also, I can now do pull ups using the underhand grip!

No comments:

Post a Comment