Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Apr 8 WOD: Diane

We did benchmark girl Diane today:

21-15-9
Dead lifts (225/155)
Handstand push ups

I used 115 lbs and did pike push ups on an 18" box.

My time: 9:24

Isabelle and Rachelle came to the 12:30 pm class -- the first time they'd both attended since Open season had begun. I'm sooo proud of them! They've both really improved a lot, and you can't help but respect the discipline they have -- that all athletes have, in fact. Now that the Open is over, they could probably have a little break before they start training for Regionals, which is from May 31 to June 2 in Korea (Korea! I know, right?). If I'm not mistaken, 3 CFMNL teams are qualified to move on to the Asia Regional. Sooo eggzoiting!

Speaking of respect, I saw this on Lisbeth Darsh's twitter timeline:


That is Julie Foucher, who placed 2nd in the 2012 CrossFit Games. She demonstrated the workout standards for each 2013 Open workout and on top of that, she filmed demo video submissions (which meant she had to do all 5 workouts on video). Can you believe she did all 5 workouts in 48 hours?! She's not competing in this year's Games because she's chosen to focus on studying medicine, but I hope she'll come back next year because she has a real chance of dethroning Annie T.!

No comments:

Post a Comment