Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Mar 8 WOD: Open 13.1 + Wendler

Strength: Shoulder press

It's deload week anyway, so I figured I might as well get this cycle over and done with. I didn't get the chance to do assistance work, though, because the bootcamp class was full again.

40% x 5 = 5 x 25
50% x 5 = 5 x 30
60% x 5+ = 10 x 35

Boring. The WOD, however, was anything but.


WOD: 13.1

I had mentally prepared for 13.1 yesterday. I read the Coaching Roundtable article on Tabata Times, I watched Julie Foucher's demo video:


I watched Carl Paoli's video breaking down 13.1:



Truth to tell, I wasn't able to focus on anything else because I was too busy checking out facebook and twitter for news about how my boxmates were doing. I was thinking so much about the workout that I'm pretty sure I even dreamt of the snatch last night. I am geeky and obsessive like that.

Well, on to the workout. Coach Matt agreed that I should be moved up to the medium Rx category, so this was the scale I used. 17 minutes AMRAP:

- 40 burpees to 6" target
- 30 snatch 45 lbs
- 30 burpees to target
- 30 snatch 55 lbs
- 20 burpees to target
- 30 snatch 65 lbs
- 10 burpees to target
- AMRAP snatch 75 lbs


I did pace myself on the burpees (not that I could do them fast in the first place) but the sheer number that had to be done before the snatch really does a number on your legs. By the time I reached the second snatch set, my form was suffering and it was getting more and more difficult to get the bar up.

My score: 115 (70 burpees + 30 snatch 45 lbs + 15 snatch 55 lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment