Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Mar 4 WOD: Snatch + Wendler

Strength: Dead lift

Deload week!

40% x 5 = 5 x 70
50% x 5 = 5 x 85
60% x 5+ = 15 x 100

Assistance 1: Kettlebell swings

5 x 10 x 16 kg

Assistance 2: Weighted walking lunges

6 x 10 x 15 lbs

I think the assistance work is truly helping, at least in terms of making me more conscious about my form.


WOD

For the first 15 minutes of the workout, we worked on the power snatch and the full snatch. One set is 1 power snatch + 1 full snatch (touch and go), with emphasis on technique. I've finally managed to move up from 45 to 50 lbs with the full snatch.

The metcon was OTM x 10:

Odd minutes - 5 push press
Even minutes - max reps chest to bar pull ups


I used the same 50 lb bar for the push press and did ring rows instead of CTB. I think we were supposed to keep count of the total number of pull ups we were able to do but I didn't do it. By my estimate, though, I probably did around 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment