Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nov 22 WOD: For a good time, call 21-15-9

I arrived too late to do the Wendler, but s'okay because we had a SWOD anyway. We were given 10 minutes to work up to 95% of our 1RM front squat, then we had to do 5 sets of 1 rep on the minute. I shared a bar with Helen and we worked our way up to 100 lbs.

For the metcon, we had to do 21-15-9 of:

- Hand stand push ups
- Wall balls (Rx: 14 lbs)
- Toes to bar

Every time I see that we have to do 21-15-9 of anything, I know it's gonna be hard. I mean harder than usual. I used a box for the HSPUs and 10 lbs for the wall balls -- I just can't let go of those 10 lb balls and go for the 14 lb ones. My time: 9:24.

In other news, one of my friends expressed interest in doing a trial workout, but after a few days when I asked her if she was able to book one, she said she didn't feel ready for CF yet. I tried to tell her that there's really no way to "get ready" for CF. No matter what your fitness level is, all workouts end the same way: everyone out of breath, drenched in sweat, and on the floor.

So I'm thinking maybe it's not so much being physically prepared for CF as it is being mentally prepared for it. Know that it will be hard. Know that it will hurt. Know that you'll be shouted at. Know that you'll sweat buckets. And when you've accepted all that, you just need to take a deep breath and jump in. 'Cause the water's fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment