Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oct 31 Team WOD: Trick or Treat! + Wendler

Strength: Shoulder press

Today ends Week 1 of Cycle 3.

5 x 65% = 5 x 40
5 x 75% = 5 x 45
5+ x 85% = 10 x 50


I thought I'd have some difficulty with the last set, but it wasn't bad at all. At least my shoulder press is getting somewhere - I can't say the same for my squats!


Team WOD

Got my *ss kicked today. We were grouped into teams of 3, and the workout had two parts:

A. 15 minutes AMRAP of:
- 10 wall balls
- 10 push ups

Rest 5 minutes, then:

B. 15 minutes AMRAP of:
- 5 pull ups
- 10 burpees

Only one team member was to work, and he had to finish a round before the next one could start. The team score is the total number of rounds completed.


There's nothing like getting teamed with two super fit guys that pushes you more, and I also definitely didn't want to do the weighted burpees penalty (the team with the lowest score had to do 5 minutes AMRAP). On my very last set, for the first time since I started CrossFit, I felt like hurling. Blech, blech, blechhh! We got a good score, though:


Yayyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment