Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jun 27 WOD: Good day to tabata

Today is a milestone in my short CrossFitting life: I did double unders during an actual workout! I didn't really have much of a choice because it was either double unders or squat jumps, and I sure as heck would rather no rep doing DUs than do those.

We did another tabata workout today with these 4:

- Kettlebell swings (Rx: 16 kg)
- Box jumps (18")
- Toes to bar / knees to elbows
- Double unders


Again, I did all as prescribed except the knees to elbows because I used a box for jumping off. Jordan still considered them Rx'd, though, and he put a tiny little "Rx" beside my name on the board. I felt so proud!

The breakdown
My score: 231. I was in the lower bottom of the class and I've never felt prouder. I think this line from a post by one of my favorite paleo bloggers helped me:

Think before you lift. Concentrate and vizualize what you want from that workout. And listen to your body with every pull of the bar. With every squat. With every swing. Your brain can do wonders for you. So let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment