Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Jun 15 WOD: Tabata FGB

What do you get when you mash up 2 challenging workouts? Twenty minutes of torture.

We did a combination of the Tabata and Fight Gone Bad (FGB), and it was 8 sets of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off of the following:

- Wall balls
- Sumo dead lift high pulls
- Box jumps
- Push presses
- Double unders


I did the workout as Rx'd except for the double unders (darn them). For those who did singles, the score is divided by 5. The final score is computed by adding the total number of reps you did for each exercise.

The breakdown
It was SO hard (but then, don't I say that every time?). A lot of CrossFit movements hinge on what they call "explosive hips," which basically means having powerful hip extension. The coaches keep saying that we get power from the hips, which makes sense when you hear it but is more difficult when you try to apply it. Now I know that I have to start being aware of these hips when I perform movements.

Anyway. My score: 277.

No comments:

Post a Comment