Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Post-challenge Day 17

Today's meals

Breakfast: Sweet potato hash with fried eggs, black coffee
Lunch: Pork chops, ampalaya with eggs
Dinner: Tilapia and pechay cooked in coconut milk
Snacks: Singkamas, bananas, non-paleo cookies (M&M's, which my niece made, and peanut butter, which I and my son and nephew made)

The sweet potato hash recipe I'd gotten from Nom Nom Paleo was sooo good, if I may say so myself! It was also my first time to fry eggs, believe it or not. I rarely fry stuff because I'm afraid the oil will jump out at me and go into my eyes. Weird, I know. Anyway, it wasn't that bad. I followed the instructions and just waited until the eggs looked done. Et voilĂ !

Halfway through the meal was when I thought about taking a photo

With my mug of coffee on the side
Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs

For the hash:

2 medium sweet potatoes, grated
Salt
Ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Dried oregano
Dried basil
Beef fat for cooking

  1. Place grated sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil.
  2. Heat the fat in a skillet over medium heat. When it's hot, add the seasoned sweet potatoes.
  3. Toss everything in the fat and stir-fry for a minute, then cover for a few more minutes while the sweet potatoes cook.
  4. The hash is ready when the texture is soft.


For the fried eggs:

2 eggs
Salt
Ground black pepper
Coconut oil or animal fat for cooking

  1. Heat the oil or fat in a pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, crack 2 eggs into a bowl and pour into the pan.
  2. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, and cover for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how runny you want your eggs.
  3. Once they're done, slide the eggs onto your mound of sweet potato hash.
So, so, sooo good, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment