Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 16

Today's meals

Breakfast: banana, paleo banana pancakes, black coffee
Lunch: pork knuckles, green salad with olive oil, salt and pepper
Dinner: spiced chicken breast, string beans
Snacks: nuts, apple

Apparently, I'm a sucker for these banana pancakes. They taste so much better now that I've tried making them 3 times. There were 3 lonely, spotted bananas on the counter so I decided to use 2 for the pancake batter and eat the last one -- overripe bananas really are good. The pancakes are still difficult to flip, maybe even more so because of the added bananas, so I might add a little more coconut flour next time. But the result was fantastic! Very light and moist, but very filling at the same time.

In other news, we won the head-to-head yesterday!!! I am sooo happy! Only one more to go! I tried scheduling it for tomorrow, but one half of the other team was sick so we said we'll do it next week, maybe Friday. We are halfway through the challenge but I think this way of eating is something I'd like to continue doing. I'd probably relax a little bit and follow the "80% paleo 20% of the time" rule, which says that you will get 99% of the benefits of the paleo diet if you stick to it 80% of the time. Pretty doable, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment